Mini-split systems are ductless, energy-efficient systems that manage your property’s heating and cooling, and they have become very popular ductless HVAC options for home and business owners. While you may be tempted to DIY an installation or repair job, ductless mini-split services are best left to the professionals. At Ostroski Plumbing & Heating, our technicians are experienced professionals that are equipped to help you with your mini-split system needs.
“Thank you so much for being so accommodating to my schedule, the service was done quickly, was reasonably priced l, and everyone involved was very nice and respectful!”Jong y.
You should schedule regular maintenance appointments to ensure your system runs efficiently. Routine maintenance can help you avoid costly repairs and meet warranty requirements and maintaining your unit can mean extending your unit’s life and maximizing on your investment.
Between maintenance appointments, you can monitor your unit for signs of needed maintenance to keep your ductless mini-split system working at maximum efficiency. Here are some signs that you may need to schedule a maintenance appointment.
- Reduced output. If your system is not producing heat, there may be a problem with the coils, electrical circuit, refrigerant, or filters.
- Poor air quality. As mentioned, mini-splits can improve your property’s air quality as they do not trap dusts or pollutants as much as ducts do. If you notice the air quality is decreasing, you may need maintenance.
- Loud sounds. Since mini-splits do not often create a lot of noise, the system likely need maintenance if you notice popping, grinding, gurgling, or other load noises.
- Short-cycling. When your system does not finish a heating or cooling cycle, the system is short-cycling. This can affect your system’s operational life, energy bills, and/or overall comfort.
- Malfunctioning controls. If your mini-split won’t power on or malfunctions, this may be a sign of electrical problems or faulty valves. However, be sure to check the remote batteries first.
- Unusual smells. If your mini-split smells (musty, vinegary, fishy, or mildewy), the system may have an issue caused by a refrigerant leak, improper drainage, or electrical malfunctions.
- High energy bills. If you notice a change in your energy bill, this may mean your system is working harder to heat or cool your house because of an obstruction or faulty valve (or part).
Do Mini-Splits Increase Your Property Value?
If you are thinking of selling your property now or in the future, you be considering updating your HVAC system or making new installation to improve the listing price. Installing a mini-split can increase the value, since they create a more comfort environment, improve air quality, and are energy-efficient. Mini-splits can be extremely valuable in homes where you have drafty or chilly rooms that may turn away potential buyers.
To learn more about mini-split systems and/or our services, reach out to us online or call (978) 355-1673 for a free consultation.