Billerica Boiler Repair & Installation
Is It Time for a Boiler Inspection & Repair?
In places like Billerica, Andover, Billerica, and our neighboring communities, 30 percent of a home’s energy usage can come from its heating system alone – shouldn’t all of it be working for you? At Gregory J. Ostroski Plumbing and Heating, our expert heating technicians can inspect your boiler and identify repairs that make sure it’s properly working.
How Does A Boiler Work?
A boiler heating system works thanks to its two main parts: the boiler itself, and a network of pipes that carry heated water throughout your home. When the boiler heats water, it pushes it through the network of pipes in your walls and floor, which warms your home with radiant heat. So if you’re planning a new construction or looking to replace your heating system altogether, you might wonder why you should get a boiler heating system.
Some Of The Benefits Of A Boiler Include:
- Longevity: Fewer moving parts than other heating systems means boilers have fewer points of failure and much less potential for breakdown.
- Fewer repairs: Those fewer moving parts can mean fewer and easier repairs – vastly limiting the amount of heating downtime when something goes wrong.
- Energy efficiency: Converting most of the energy they consume into heat means saving money and natural resources.
- Even heating: Boiler heating delivery systems throughout your home can ensure an uniform dispersion of heating from floor to ceiling.
Do Boilers Make Noise?
While boilers can make some quiet or subtle noises when running, any loud sounds coming from the system are typically an indication of a problem. If your boiler starts to make banging noises, commonly referred to as kettling, there may be an issue with limescale accumulating in the system’s heat exchanger. If your system starts making gurling or whistling-like sounds, there may be air stuck in the boiler. These are just a few common sounds that indicate a repair is in order. However, a noisy boiler is not the only sign that points to a repair being needed. If you notice any of the following problems, reach out to our team today.
Other Signs That Your Boiler Needs A Repair, Include:
- If the pilot light keeps going out
- If your water pressure has decreased
- If your boiler is no longer producing any heat
- If you notice any water leaking from the system
- If your heating is inconsistent throughout your home
It’s important that you consult with a professional technician at the first sign of a problem. Not only will they be able to identify the cause of the issue, but will also be able to provide the necessary fix. Delaying needed repairs will only worsen the problem, leading to further damage to your boiler heating system.
When Should You Replace Your Boiler?
As it turns out, a boiler’s efficiency diminishes with age. By the time 10 years rolls around, efficiency can decline by as much as 50 percent from new. That translates to paying more for your boiler to do half the job it started out doing if you forego maintenance or repairs when the time comes. In the event that the cost of a repair is higher than the cost to install a new system, you should consider investing in a replacement.
Licensed & Insured
Put your mind at ease knowing we're properly equipped to handle every job.
We believe that customers come first so your satisfaction is our goal.
Our whole team cares deeply about what we do promising the best service.
Faithfully working to provide old school manners with new-age techniques.
Committed to honesty and integrity in our service and our pricing.
We're raising the bar on service and providing service you can trust.