Heating Repair in Billerica
Fixing Furnaces on the Fritz in Andover & the Surrounding Area
At Gregory J. Ostroski Plumbing and Heating, we provide professional furnace and heating repair in Billerica. Homeowners like you know the last thing you want is your furnace to give up when needed most. Fortunately, we’re skilled at inspecting, repairing, and replacing furnace heaters and can offer all the service you need when the heat goes out in Billerica, Andover, Bedford, and the surrounding areas.
If your heater fails you, we won’t. We’ll come out to give you a free consultation with options that can work within your budget. Military families even get a 5% discount on any service we provide.
Is Furnace Repair Important To Fix Right Away
Houses equipped with a furnace heater system rely on this appliance to warm and circulate air through the ducting. This way of heating homes requires more complexity and moving parts than boilers or steam heat, which is why a furnace repair once in a while might be required to keep the heat on.
How Often Should You Service Your Heating System
A good rule of thumb is to have your heating system looked at and maintained at least once a year. During this maintenance visit, an HVAC technician will ensure all parts are working properly and ready for the colder weather. The ideal time for this call is during the summer, giving technicians time to have any repairs done before winter.
Signs that You Need Furnace Repair or Replacement
When your furnace heater system needs repair or replacement, it can be a big headache. A problem with your furnace is never ideal, and it always seems to come at a time when you need your heat the most. If you know the warning signs, however, you may be able to avoid the inconvenience of a broken furnace heater.
Some telltale signs that you need to replace or repair your home furnace include the following:
- Furnace’s age: A furnace should last you 15-20 years with good maintenance. Aren’t sure when it was installed? A furnace might have an exterior sticker with its installation date, but checking your owner’s manual or looking up its serial number can help you, too.
- Humidity: Sometimes a furnace is to blame for decreasing humidity in a home, especially during winter. This can dry out hardwood floors until they weaken and splinter, but also damage wood furniture, books, and even wine.
- Uneven heating: When heating feels different from one room to another, it might not just be the size of the room to blame. A healthy furnace should push enough warm air to fill any room in your home – if this isn’t the case, your heater needs a checkup.
- Signs of damage and aging: If your home is assaulted by dust, soot, dirt, or even rust whenever you turn on the heater, it’s definitely time for a checkup. Sometimes, however, it’s obvious when it’s time to put your furnace out to pasture – even if it still works most of the time. Rattling, banging, buzzing, and humming are all signs that your furnace has structural integrity issues. The same goes for rusts and cracks. If these issues persist, you need a furnace installation.
What Does Furnace Maintenance & Repair Include
When one of our experts visits your home we first do a thorough maintenance check and proceed with repair if we see it as necessary. Some steps we take to ensure a healthy furnace include:
- Identifying and removing and lingering blockages in your vents
- Cleaning the blower and removing any lingering dust or dirt along with testing
- Inspecting the heat exchanger and other parts for any damage
If you think you need a furnace repair or replacement, call Gregory J. Ostroski Plumbing and Heating today at (978) 355-1673.
Licensed & Insured
Put your mind at ease knowing we're properly equipped to handle every job.
We believe that customers come first so your satisfaction is our goal.
Our whole team cares deeply about what we do promising the best service.
Faithfully working to provide old school manners with new-age techniques.
Committed to honesty and integrity in our service and our pricing.
We're raising the bar on service and providing service you can trust.